Dear Sisters and Brothers of Tau Beta Sigma,
We hope this new year finds you in the warmth of the season. We have an announcement that we feel is important to share.
On January 4th, you should have received an email from the Chairperson of the Tau Beta Sigma Board of Trustees, Rosalyn McDonald, regarding the resignation of our National President, Siobhan Wilkes Bratcher. With the upcoming shift of National Officers into new positions, there will be a vacancy on the National Council. We will now be accepting applications for a new National Vice President for Communication & Recognition for the remainder of this biennium.
The primary duties of the National Vice President for Communication & Recognition are to:
- Serve as the Recording & Credentials Officer
- Record, publish, and distribute minutes
- Sign all charters and shingles
- Facilitate the Sorority’s social media and web presence
- Ex-Officio for Tau Beta Sigma Communications Committee
- Promote and maintain all national awards and recognition efforts
- Collaborate with other members of the National Leadership Team on various projects as needed
Further information regarding duties and eligibility requirements can be found in the Tau Beta Sigma National Constitution. Slides presented during the National Leadership Team Information Session in late 2022 can be found here.
Members of the National Council serve without compensation, although the Sorority will reimburse travel expenses incurred on its behalf. Interested individuals should meet the following basic qualifications:
- Life Member of the Sorority in good standing and at least 25 years of age at the time of election.
- Completed an undergraduate degree program.
- Shall possess outstanding business ability and be capable of representing the Sorority under all ordinary conditions.
- Able and willing to serve the remainder of the two-year term once appointed.
- Will interview with the National Council & be appointed by the National President.
Interested individuals for the role should submit the following materials by Thursday, February 1, 2024:
- A letter of intent identifying your motivations for seeking the position and the contributions you anticipate bringing to that office. The letter should explain your basic qualifications for the position, highlighting band and Sorority experience.
- Limit: 1 page
- A resume or vita, inclusive of both Sorority and professional experiences.
- Limit: one 2-page document or two 1-page documents that separate the two categories
- One Letter of Recommendation.
- A brief bio, suitable for publication
All materials should be submitted via the webform below. Questions should be directed to National VPME Leslie Gartin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application materials must be received by 11:59 pm CST on Thursday, February 1, 2024.