Click the flyer above to download your recruitment poster today!
Tau Beta Sigma Membership
NEWLY INITIATED MEMBERS: $110
ACTIVE members of the Sorority shall be college or university students who are enrolled/ actively participating in the band and have paid their current membership dues for the year. In the event a member of the Sorority is unable to enroll/ actively participate in band, the person may continue as an active member for the academic term provided chapter members and sponsor so desire.An exception must be approved by the National President. Active members are eligible to hold office, serve on committees and take part in all business and social affairs of the chapter.Voting privileges will only be given to active and associate members.
A member of Kappa Kappa Psi who has ever held active status in Kappa Kappa Psi is not eligible for active membership in Tau Beta Sigma. Dues: $100/year
CONDITIONAL status in the Sorority may be maintained for up to one (1) academic year by a formerly active member in good standing. Conditional status may be requested by an Active member, in writing, from the chapter when conflicts arise because of work or class schedules and thus prevent the student from fulfilling the requirements for active membership. The request shall be approved by the Sponsor and Director of Bands.The definition and terms for Conditional Status shall not be altered on the local chapter level, nor shall Conditional Status be imposed upon Actives to meet obligations. Conditional members may attend all meetings and functions, however they are ineligible to hold office or vote. Members who meet these criteria shall be granted conditional status contingent upon payment of the current year's Member Dues. If after one year, the member has not reclaimed active status or become an Alumni or Life member, the member will be classified as inactive with the chapter. However, if the member requests more than one (1) year of conditional status, a letter of recommendation will be required from the Chapter Sponsor and the Director of Bands, and must be approved by the National Council. Dues: $100/year
ASSOCIATE Membership is granted to members of Kappa Kappa Psi who transfer to a college or University which does not have an active Kappa Kappa Psi Chapter and meet the requirements as defined in the present transfer policy. Before coming eligible for Associate Membership, the potential associate member must be educated in the rituals and traditions of Tau Beta Sigma. Associate members may vote and hold office. Any exceptions must be approved by the National Council. Dues: $100/year
Former active members who are enrolled in school but do not pay Member Dues will be classified as inactive members. Inactive members are not considered in good standing and therefore, have no active membership privileges.
Alumni, Senior and Honorary members, upon payment of Life Membership fees submitted together with an application to the National Headquarters, shall be entitled to Life Membership privileges in the Sorority providing their addresses are available at the National Headquarters. Purchase of a Life Membership by a senior does not exempt a person from payment of annual membership dues during the senior year. Click here to download the application form.
The purchase of Life Membership and/or any type of membership in Tau Beta Sigma is Non-refundable.
Active, Associate, or Conditional members become Alumni members of the sorority when they complete their education or terminate their affiliation with their college or university. A person may not hold active membership in a chapter and an alumni association simultaneously. If an alumni member wishes to reactivate, the alumnus must be a student, be enrolled in the university's band, and meet the requirements as an active member of the local chapter.
- All members and membership candidates must meet local campus organizational membership policies.
Membership Candidacy in the Sorority may be offered to students enrolled/actively participating in the college or university band. They shall possess unusually good character, and they shall be outstanding persons of leadership on the campus.
- Any member of the Sorority shall be permitted to propose the name of a person eligible to become a membership candidate at chapter meetings.A three-fourths (3/4) vote of the total eligible voting membership shall be required to elect a person to membership candidacy.
- Before becoming eligible for active membership, a membership candidate must complete a Membership Education Program as prescribed by the chapter. If a membership candidate fails to meet the requirements of the chapter or Sorority, her/his candidacy may be terminated for that academic term by a three-fourths (3/4) vote of the chapter's total eligible voting membership.
- The maintenance of the fine tradition of quality membership shall be the sole responsibility of the initiating chapter. The chapter Secretary shall be responsible for notifying the National Headquarters of all initiations by use of the "Initiate Registration Form" which must be submitted with date of initiation and current initiation fee.The candidate shall not be considered initiated until the name and proper initiation fee have been received by the National Executive Director and until it has been recorded in the Master Roster at the National Headquarters.
- The national initiation fee shall be paid to the proper chapter officer who will see that it is forwarded to the National Headquarters with a properly completed initiate form. The initiation fee shall entitle the initiate to receive a membership certificate, membership card, and a gold recognition pin, all to be supplied by the National Executive Director. In addition to the above, the initiation fee fulfills national membership fee requirements during the current academic year.
- The initiation fee for each honorary member initiated by a chapter shall be submitted to the National Headquarters with an "Initiate Registration Form." The National Executive Director shall provide a special membership certificate, identification membership card, and gold recognition pin. Additional jewelry for honorary members may be purchased by the chapter if deemed advisable.
- For information about the Tau Beta Sigma Alumni Association, please click here.
In recognition of outstanding ability, accomplishment, or devotion to the best interest of the Sorority, a person can be given Honorary Membership by a chapter. This shall be the highest honor which can be conferred by a chapter. Undergraduates are ineligible for this recognition. Fee: $50/lifetime
~ Back to Top of the Page ~
Tau Beta Sigma National Headquarters
P.O. Box 849
Stillwater, OK 74076-0849